Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pictures

I finally got my computer cord back!!

It arrived at the PC office Thursday evening so Friday morning I took off for the long bus ride to Kingston, met up with some other PCVs there and had the best Pizza I've had in a while (Goat Cheese and Jerk Chicken toppings!!) and a green leaf salad!! (Salads are a rarity here in Jamaica)

So anyway, here are some pics from my last couple months here

So this is my back yard. Can't show you the front... still have to worry about security and all.



A neighbor! Every once in a while, the entire back area will be filled with cows mooing their rump roasts off.




A little cutie who is staying with my host family for a bit.




Who doesn't love puppies! Wow babies and puppies, this really is a poof blog.... One of the family dogs had puppies right before I arrived at my host family.



Me at some really nice gardens some of us went to.




More garden...


The guide showing us a cannonball tree. The tree has a bunch of pods and a very small amount of them bloom every morning. They live the day and fall off the tree at sunset.

This is the hotel we stayed at during our final days as trainees. Was nice!


A view from the place we did our final testing (I was a bit nervous...)



Hooray! Finally a full fledged volunteer! We went to the U.S. Embassy and were sworn in by the ambassador.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW you look great! Jamaica agrees with you. Maybe one of these day's I'll catch you online now that you're wired. And that is one HOT messenger bag!

Unknown said...

I hope the pizza was comparable to The Cheese Board! Love the pictures. Thank you for sharing.