Thursday, November 6, 2008

Obama & Jamaica


I Shaved my head!

I have always secretly wanted to do this so two weekends ago I went for it. Thanks to Shanna for the clippers. I have to say it may not look the best, but with the wind blowing in the taxi ride jacking up my hair, it is a Jamaica smart "do"

As a Peace Corps Volunteer you are supposed to stay out of politics, period. I have found that to be next to impossible this week with all of my Jamaican friends and strangers wanting to know if I voted and who I voted for. Surprisingly to me, everyone thinks I voted the opposite of who I actually voted for. They seem to be surprised when I just say "I can't talk about politics" with a HUGE grin on my face. Sorry Peace Corps but I guess I'm not that good an actor as whoever I'm talking to gets the picture. All I can say on this blog is that I had a REALLY good week. Why? Oh for no reason.......... Normally the policy makes perfect sense as conversations about politics here can get heated. Boy what a great week this was......

Halloween was last weekend and I went to a super fun gathering mixed with PCVs and Jamaicans alike. With my new hair cut I went as Joe the Plumber of course, sporting a plunger and as close to plumber gear as I could find. The house was right on the beach and a great time was had by all.


Other than that, life is settling down here a bit. A week from Monday we are meeting up with our group of volunteers for a few days to go over our experiences so far and to talk about what happens next. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

SQL said...

Hey Jason! Yes, a great week it's been.... 'Nuff said. :) The new doo looks great! So glad you don't have to "fuss" with it anymore. LOL. I am on PTO, currently in FL visiting my folks. Too bad I can't make it to JA this time and holla. Sounds like you're having a great time and that work is challenging and rewarding. (LUCKY!!) Take care~