Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Things a movin

So I'm happy to report that today I had my second photography class at the high school.  I have 13 students which is a great number.  There are 5 cameras that are usable, but decided to break the students into groups of three (one group of 4) and just use 4 cameras for now.  There are actually three more cameras that were donated but they didn't include the charging supply.  I have to research replacement power plugs.  Anyways I taught a basic lesson on camera settings, and then gave the first assignment of portrait.  The kids were really excited to get the cameras, the first cameras I think most of them have ever used.  I'm not sure that the fresh batteries will last very long because it was like a night club with all the flashes going off.  Their assignment is to get three shots each and turn them in by next Tuesday.  I'll post some of the results when I get them.  I actually want to get a website going but maybe I'll just use blogspot here.  That might be a good plan actually.

I also got involved with two new agencies.  The Perish PDC (Public Development Committee I think...) and my towns Heath and Agriculture Associations.  I'll be helping them write project proposals to get government funding.  It's going to help keep me busy in the summer months so I'm pretty excited.

Well anyway just wanted to let you all know that things are on an upswing here and I feel like I'm getting to do more of the work that I wanted to do.  Oh and I'm getting a bicycle!  Gonna ride to work now and get a little more exercise.

Bye for now

1 comment:

Janelle said...

good job jason you're doing so well and reading your blog is motivating. :) i'd love to see the pics!